Find the answer to your Linux question:
WEll kids ... today i spent almost the entire day like a kid in a candy shop finding HUGE amounts of wonderfully done wallpapers over at www.deviantart.com . now i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Great Wallpapers

WEll kids ... today i spent almost the entire day like a kid in a candy shop finding HUGE amounts of wonderfully done wallpapers over at www.deviantart.com . now i don't know if it is because of my dark nature (kidding) but those guys sure know what is up. anyone on here able to do stuff like that? cause i would love to learn how i could do my own wallpapers and maybe someday translate over to icon creating and other graphic things. i have a pretty good imagination, but not the skills as of yet to do anything close to that calibre ... so i guess another good part of this post should be, what is a good program (preferably for linux) in which i could do things like that. im looking for ease of use and power as well. Gimp is good from what i hear, but are the any other favorites out there? Thanks for any and all help guys. Ciao.

-Brandon C. Brown

ps ... im still giddy like a little school girl being asked to her first date. i love my desktop and take pride in making it my own and customizing anything and everything ... im surprised i never heard or found this site before. Sheesh oh petes.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux User
    I have to admit that I've spent a lot (too much??) time on that site myself!

I, too, am drawn to the darker imagery that can be found there.
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Linux Newbie
    lol yea. i just prefer darker images for my desktops, both at work and home. i've just gotten accustomed to it cause at home im a cheapoid who always has the lights off, and too bright of colors do quite a number on my eyes. so i have slowly but surely drifted to the darker side of the force. now if only i could get SuperKaramba and Slicker working how i like on my KDE at home, i may be proud enough to start showing off screenshots to people other then my friends on IRC from my hometown and get the confidence to branch out on my own. right now im trying to think of a decent domain for my site that i hope to start working on soon. hopefully it will be a mix of good flash interfaces and spifferific design. any takers on some hints???

-Brandon C. Brown

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

DeviantArt rules. And, yes, dark wallpaper is the best. After dar, I'd have to say some of those crazy abstract ones are pretty cool too.

Linux Newbie
    i found a nice little package there including 12 different wallpapers all based on the old SNES game, Secret Of Mana. they are pretty plain right now, but i am hoping to make those my first project, as long as i can get approval from the original author.

Just Joined!
    My g/f posts on that site guys www.-kumo-.deviantart.com ...it's pretty widespread, but stupid in a way. Of course there's the random art tehft, followed by b!tching about styles and blah blah blah, but in the terms of agreement deviantart can use your art that you've posted on their site in anyway...They can sell your art if it's posted on their site for profit. The Wallpapers there are top notch though as may other things. I don't visit the site much because of all the "kawaii that's so cute" "OMG, *lick* *hump* You're so cool" I think I feel my IQ drop everytime. g/f is currently looking for a different art site cause she's getting tired of the BS as well...

Linux Newbie
    deviant art really done up the site good didn't they i didn't like the old layout.
    i made this-a-one http://www.deviantart.com/view/2083460/
    i use a programme called TERRAGEN it is a secrenry creating programme its really powerful and well layed out you can get it from www.planetside.co.uk if you are going to get it make sure you get a tut aswell cause its hard to get the swing of it
    Thanks v much

\"Anything bigger than my ego i want it caught and killed\"- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Multi boot:
    Win xp home, SuSE 8.2 and Slackware 9.1