Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey hey. I have recently installed both Azureus and LimeWire. These apps, upon closing, are supposed to go to the system tray. However, in the case of LimeWire, it simply ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Not Going to System Tray

Hey hey.

I have recently installed both Azureus and LimeWire. These apps, upon closing, are supposed to go to the system tray. However, in the case of LimeWire, it simply shutdowns, and Azureus disappears. When rerun, Azureus returns to its normal operation, wherever I was last.

Is there something wrong with my system tray? I currently have Klipper, Gaim, and OpenOffice Quickstarter in it, so I know that it's not broken entirely.

However, those all go down there when started. Could it be an issue with going there when closed?

If anyone has any ideas, thanks in advance.

Linux User
    Hello.

I've only used Limewire and you could probably check Tools - Options - Shutdown. There should be three options: Shutdown Immediately, Shutdown after transfers and Minimize to System Tray. If that's not the problem, I guess I'll look into it more.

I'm not really so sure about Azureus though since I've never used it before.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I know, I already set that . Didn't work .

Thanks, though.

*bump*

It seems to me that this problem is based on Java apps. However, even after installing the "alltray" and "systray4j" packages, I cannot get anything in the tray...

On a slightly separate note, does anyone know how to fix the KBear issue? On SF, it says there's a patch, but I can't find it...

Just Joined!

Java Issue with Azureus

Did you guys ever get to solve the java issue that makes Azureus disappear ? Thanks

Linux Newbie
    /bump

same problem. anybody?

Just Joined!
    may be this help you