Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
No, I'm using the version that came with RedHat. Like I mentioned, I haven't thought about it in Gentoo, and I really don't want to reboot if I don't have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

No, I'm using the version that came with RedHat. Like I mentioned, I haven't thought about it in Gentoo, and I really don't want to reboot if I don't have to. I might check it out later, though.

Linux Guru
    I tried it in Gentoo now, as well, and it seems just as slow. Does anyone know if there are any kind of optimization options to at least partly eliminate it?

Linux Enthusiast
    not sure about gnome itself, but gnome apps open extremely fast on my box, but i use kde with jamd (i686 optimized)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    When I used Gnome, I used it on a AMD K6-2 machine. Nautilus was very slow back then and even after upgrading my pc to an AMD XP, it still wasn't fast enough for my taste. Gnome isn't a bad desktop at all in my opinion. It's just nautilus which is very pretty but performance speed is very poort. It almost reminds of pretty girls who don't have any brain power.
    Back then, I thought I'd never use KDE. Now that I've tried KDE, I use it explicitly and the execution speed is very good. Konqueror is pretty much efficient although I usually never use the GUI interface when browsing through directories.
    The best things in life are free.

Cool snore

oi, ive got something similar running with my computer, when i want to go on the internet, i double-click on the desktop icon. my mouse shows that mozilla is loading, then the mouse stops. i come back five minuites later and i see it just start up. it's rediculous. im frustrated.
    of course, im just a 12 year-old noob, but im pretty sure something's going on.

cheese eating master
    alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2