Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I disable the opaque window move/resize to make a border appear instead of displaying the whole window, all the other windows stop refreshing untill you release the window. Is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

problem when opaque window move/resize is disabled

When I disable the opaque window move/resize to make a border appear instead of displaying the whole window, all the other windows stop refreshing untill you release the window. Is this a bug? Shouldn't it only affect the current window that you're dealing with? Also, this seems to happen with any window manager that doesn't use opaque window move/resize.

non-opaque window move/resize:

Linux Engineer
    You aren't using the "kdrive" X-server, are you? Last time I tested the kdrive X-server that happened in fluxbox no matter how it worked when I started xorg.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    You aren't using the "kdrive" X-server, are you? Last time I tested the kdrive X-server that happened in fluxbox no matter how it worked when I started xorg.
    I was using XFree86 4.3 from Mandrake Linux 10.0. I also think the X-server should still keep receiving client update messages when you're moving or resizing a window when opaque window move/resize is disabled, like in Windows XP.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close