Find the answer to your Linux question:
If so, what do you think so far? I tried to build it from CVS today, but it looks like some of the packages are broken at the moment and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Has anyone here gotten Enlightenment 17 working?

If so, what do you think so far?

I tried to build it from CVS today, but it looks like some of the packages are broken at the moment and won't build correctly.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

I got it to build awhile ago when it first was released to public CVS, and there wasn't much to see. But it was sort of neat seeing what was to come, and it looks like it will be very cool by the time 17 is the defacto Enlightenment standard.

Linux Newbie
    When I had a small train wreck time with Gentoo, I installed e17. It's still pretty much unusable in my opinion. But it's getting there, http://get-e.org

Linux Engineer
    I tried it once before, I found some RPM's of DR17 on the net, I think it was mandriva RPM's... It looks pretty cool, and even with all those modules it runs good on older hardware, the box I tested it on had 128MB ram and an 1.1GHz AMD Athlon precessor, much lighter than both KDE and gnome for sure...

Linux Newbie
    I heard they tested e17 on p166's and it ran quite nicley.