Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
i was going to debian myself several times, thats the same problem I have - there is just always to much else going on to try and mess with something ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

i was going to debian myself several times, thats the same problem I have - there is just always to much else going on to try and mess with something new, and i know if i put it on a machine i dont need i won't care if it doesnt work, ill just do it on another machine and say I'll get back to it... 3 months later is will still be broke
    majorwoo

Quiet brain, or I\'ll stab you with a Q-tip.

Linux Guru
    Hey man, you have too many computers to take care of. I can fix that for you, by offering you to hand an arbitrary number of them over to me. I won't charge you for it. What do you say?

Linux Engineer
    Well go buy another hd. They are so cheap now, $1/GB. You can dual boot between the distros.

Linux Guru
    That would truly be a great idea, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, I don't have any money at all, or in other words: I'm totally broke. Buying more hard drive space is the first thing I'm going to do when pay day comes.
    Dual booting isn't such a great idea though, in my opinion. I'd rather like the idea of having one system that I can customize beyond recognition. Or even better, customize without loosing recognition. That's really my philosophy; every time I make a change, I try to keep it as consistent with the current system as possible.
    I could make an exception for the Hurd, though. I'm really excited about it.

Linux User
    actualyl i have just found myself a "spare" 800" athlon that I can sit under my desk for a few days and see what happens... aybe its time for debian after all, problem is I don't have a whole lot of spare time anymore to play with it...

ahh the good ole days when i got paid to suf the net and check my email.. i miss being a student employee
    majorwoo

Linux Engineer
    I prefer to actually do projects then surf web at work. I just get bored with that sometimes and there is nothing like given a project that you know completely nothing about I guess I just like the challenge and learning something new.

Linux User
    when i first started working there as a student i thought it was great, doing nothing and getting paid - but your right, i hate not doing something, and after awhile there are so many websites you can look at I would be bored stiff, i started looking into other peoples jobs and what they were doing ... before long i knew a little of everything and alot of some things... course none of that taught me how to type...
    majorwoo

Linux Guru
    I have found that finding myself a project is really easy. There's always some small (and sometimes big) middle-layer utility that needs to be written.

Linux User
    oh yeah Plus, someone has always broken something
    majorwoo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4