Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, i have a Windows XP Computer that connects to the internet using dial-up. I have my Linux computer with 1 network card, connected to my Router. My router connects ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HELP, INTERNET PROBLEM

Ok, i have a Windows XP Computer that connects to the internet using dial-up. I have my Linux computer with 1 network card, connected to my Router. My router connects to my windows computer. The question, how do i share my Windows internet connection with my Linux Computer. The linux computer is running SuSE 8.2 Professional. Please, dont tell me to go and get cable internet or anything like that. I just want to know how to share my windows internet with linux. Thanks

Linux Guru
    Well, I have no idea at all how to set up the Windows machine to act as a router, but on the Linux system, just set the default gateway to the Windows machine, providing that you already have configured the Windows machine.

Just Joined!
    Ive had lots of networking problems with windows so I think I may be of help.
    Are you uising xp pro or home?

Linux Engineer
    its very similar topic to this post http://www.linuxforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=3733

try reading thru here and u might find the answer ur looking for