Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed KDE and in the k-menu is pretty much everything I installed before it. Since then, I have continued installing packages. Is there any way to get the k-menu ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is it possible to have KDE update its K-menu with new programs installed?

I installed KDE and in the k-menu is pretty much everything I installed before it. Since then, I have continued installing packages. Is there any way to get the k-menu to update itself to reflect the new installations?

Just Joined!
    My experience is that if you use a package manager (I use portage in Gentoo), then they get automatically added to the proper menu category. Alternatively, in the KDE menu editor there is an option to search for applications (don't quite remember where). If no hope is there, you can always add entries to the menu manually using the KDE menu editor (kmenuedit or keditmenu I think, don't have a linux box here) from the command line.

Just Joined!
    I am using portage, but the packages I am emerging are not being placed into the kmenu.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    I use Gnome on SuSE 9.2 and I have the same problem, I install new packages but the menu does not add the new programs. I would also be grateful if anyone knows the solution to the problem.
    The biggest security threat is the user.

i just read on a different thread that there was an option in the menu somewhere to search for packages. i am at work and dont have my laptop with me, i cannot check and see so i'm not for sure, but that is what i just read. hope this helps to some extent.
    Today I fell and felt better, Just knowing this matters, I just feel stronger and SHARPER!!!, Found a box of sharp objects, What a beautiful THING!!! Box of Sharp Objects - The Used

Just Joined!
    In the KDE menu there is an option to search for new packages, but it doesn't find everything I have installed.