Find the answer to your Linux question:
After I edit my x.org config file and change "nv" to "nvidia", and remove Load "dri", i startx, and theni get an error about my chipset not being supported(i didnt ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Pissed Off: NVidia Driver not working..

After I edit my x.org config file and change "nv" to "nvidia", and remove Load "dri", i startx, and theni get an error about my chipset not being supported(i didnt get to x either). I said well, ok, so i went to the nvidia site and looked at the readme. it figured mine wasnt supported for that release, so i looked at an older one. my card was on the list. Still, same problem. Can someone help? It works with the "nv" driver but not the "nvidia" driver. I tried li0ke 5 other releases to and i got the same problem

Specs
    GeForce 2 MX 100/200
    Vector Linux Standard RC2

Linux User
    wow a nvidia not working? meh i duno i have a ati and it sure doesnt work

Linux Guru
    Could you post the error in its entirety, please? It could be that it's referring to the AGP chipset rather than the GPU. If that's the case, you may want to experiment with the "NvAGP" setting in your xorg.conf (see the nVidia README for more info). Remember to load or unload the agpgart module depending on the setting you're trying out.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close