Find the answer to your Linux question:
im curious. because Gnome doesnt seem to do anything right...SEEMS that way...im not sure if its a problem on my end...and KDE is too....sloppy and windows style but one thing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

How is Fluxbox?

im curious. because Gnome doesnt seem to do anything right...SEEMS that way...im not sure if its a problem on my end...and KDE is too....sloppy and windows style but one thing it DID do was work with everything i tryed..so im considering my options

and i wont even try it if i can recompile Gnome and have it work right....but im not sure how to recompile Gnome. they got alot of files on their wesite.

Linux Engineer
    Fluxbox is pretty cool but for some reason, I need a desktop. I really don't use much of the programs that come with it. I guess the feel of it really is what suits the taste.
    The best things in life are free.

Linux User
    what is FluxBox really? im not sure...i thought it was a GUI like any other....

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    It is, but it's really slimmed down and light weight. I think it would be good for an older computer, personally I don't like it that much. It's too much of a hastle to do the simplest things like change the background. But that's just my opinion, I suggest trying it out for yourself.

Linux Enthusiast
    for something lighter but still fairly easy, try Icewm.