Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi everyone . this is my first post here, but i'm not totally a gnome n00b now. i've tried searching the forums putting in every related keyword i could think ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Possible to have a different wallpaper for each virtual desktop?

hi everyone .
    this is my first post here, but i'm not totally a gnome n00b now. i've tried searching the forums putting in every related keyword i could think of that was likely to bring up a thraed that can answer my question. i know thats its been asked before but AFAIK, i'm not aware of there being an answer.

so, similarly to the kde desktop where you can have a different wallaper on each desktop, i was wondering if its possible (by modifying desktop-switcher or otherwise) to do this with GNOME? i'm familiar (or semi familiar) with many languages such as C, java, pythion etc, so i just need some pointers in the right direction, or a brief outline of the solution.

thanks in advance.

oz
    forum.guy
    You should be able to do that with this:

http://wallpapoz.sourceforge.net/

There might be other ways to do it, but I'm not familiar with them.

Ozar
    hi, and thanks for the reply.
    yeah, i downloaded that package the other day. unfortunately, it requires that you have to start a daemon each time the program is run. furthermore, i couldn't find a way to add the starting up of the daemon to the startup programs so that it loads automatically each time i log in.
    i'll have to think of something else.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close