Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Ethyriel what is it that doesn't seem as intuitive? Hi, Michael - I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but I'm still finding wmii-2 easier to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ethyriel
    what is it that doesn't seem as intuitive?
    Hi, Michael - I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but I'm still finding wmii-2 easier to use and configure, and the more I use it the better I like it. Now, I have continued to experiment with ion3 and like it very much, too, but I'm still leaning toward wmii-2. Actually, I'll probably keep experimenting with both until they become more fully developed, then pick one. At this point, ion3 feels a bit more powerful, but wmii-2 feels more minimalistic, at least to me.

As for those ugly wmii borders, I played with the default theme some and no longer seem to be experiencing any border problems - it's a tight fit between the apps. Yeah, I've been getting those ion3 errors at startup, too, but saw what they were and decided to ignore them until I decide which WM to keep.

I've not made any changes to the keybinding on either WM, as I prefer to learn them using their defaults, but once I pick one I'll make some minor changes.

Hey, I'm glad ion3 is shaping up for you, and hope it continues to improve. In the interim, I'm keeping my eye on both of them.

Later...

Linux User
    You know what, I didn't realize there's a new release of wmii, I had heard this was going to be a major change in the dynamics. I think I have a project for this weekend.

Do you know if they're still offering a cairo build option? I know they were last release, but it was still rather slow and immature. I don't see any mention of it at all, anymore.
    Michael Salivar

Man knows himself insofar as he knows the world, becoming aware of it only in himself, and of himself only within it.
    --Goethe

oz
    forum.guy
    Yep, I'm using wmii-2 from the Arch "community" repo. It's different from the earlier wmii versions (and I didn't care for them at all). I've read that other good stuff is coming up in wmii-3, which isn't too far away.

Yes, it's my understanding that cairo is still an option, but it's also still very buggy.

Anyway, have fun with it this weekend.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2