Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using Redhat 9.0 with an ATI RADEON X 700 Pro video card. I've tried using an old MAG MX15H monitor and also a COMPAQ Presario 1725 monitor without success. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Image overruns screen

I'm using Redhat 9.0 with an ATI RADEON X 700 Pro video card. I've tried using an old MAG MX15H monitor and also a COMPAQ Presario 1725 monitor without success. GRUB seems to work fine with either monitor. I think the Linux kernel isn't able to automatically adjust to the video card because of some setting in my XF86Config file. I don't know which setting is causing XWindows to be confused. Any suggestion for fixing this problem where the image is huge and overruns the screen. I've tried changing the screen settings in XF86Config without any change to the image. I'm not able to use redhat-config-xfree86 because the image runs off the edges of the screen and I can't change anything. I've boot up using xstart but I have the same problem with changing the display settings. I can't move the window up and can't resize the display settings window. Help!

have a look at this :-
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-19600.html

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS

Just Joined!

RE: Problem with Radeon X700 Pro

I think the problem is that I'm using a new video card that uses PCI Express. I noticed in the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file that a search is being done for a video card that uses AGP and cannot find a match for PCI Express. Now what do I do? Why is grub able to display an image successfully with my video card? How can I configure XF86Config to treat my video card as a standard, no frills, VGA card?

Sorry, the suggested link was all I had.

good luck

Nedrerello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS