Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I am considering installing Red Hat on my work pc. I still have to talk my boss into it I just want to be well prepared before I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dual monitors

Hi guys,

I am considering installing Red Hat on my work pc. I still have to talk my boss into it
    I just want to be well prepared before I do the install. At the moment I have two monitors. One is using a RIVA TNT 2 card and the other a Matrox Millennium.

Will Red Hat pick this up when I install it? I am planning on using KDE. How do I configure everything?

Cheers
    I am on a journey to mastering Linux and I got a bloody long way to go!!!

Linux Guru
    Since they are on different cards, I would be very surprised if the installation didn't pick it up. On the other hand, I can't say that I've tried it. You might want to check out the Xinerama HOWTO on tldp.

Linux User

should do

It should pick them up but configuring them well may require you to connect them separately one at a time and backup the appropriate XF86Config file.

What do you use your work pc for? then we will know exactly what you need to configure / setup in the first place.
    No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. Its made from a blend of elephant tusk and dolphin meat.