Find the answer to your Linux question:
i recently attempted to upgrade my Gnome installation from its current version (2.6 methinks) to 2.10 via YaST. Everything went fine, no dependency issues, no errors. However, when trying to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Gnome 2.10 vs. Firefox

i recently attempted to upgrade my Gnome installation from its current version (2.6 methinks) to 2.10 via YaST. Everything went fine, no dependency issues, no errors.

However, when trying to run Firefox nothing happens. The program appears in the taskbar as if it's about to open then eventually just disappears.

Running it from a console i get no errors either. It just...hangs. The cursor drops to a new line and stays there without returning any errors.

i've downgraded and all's running smoothly but it'd be nice to have the latest desktop up and running and be able to use Firefox.

Any ideas what went awry?
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

Wasn't there a change from the freedesk team that involved moving configuration files? I think config now sits under ~/.local now, though I don't know why that would stop the application launching. I know this is blasphemy in *n?x, but have you tried reinstalling Firefox?