Find the answer to your Linux question:
1. How do you get a shell script to run on KDE startup without an annoying thing in the taskbar and bouncing icon by the cursor? I have a script ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Two KDE things

1. How do you get a shell script to run on KDE startup without an annoying thing in the taskbar and bouncing icon by the cursor? I have a script in ~/.kde/Autostart whose mimetype has been set to open with bash. I could put it in ~/.bashrc but I don't need it every time Bash starts.

2. Anyone know where I can get the Bluecurve window decoration? It comes with Fedora and I just installed Debian but can't find it on kde-look.

I know in SuSE under Appearance and Themes, Launch Feedback you can disable both items. If I remember correctly in Fedora it's under Look and Feel.

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by LondoJowo
    I know in SuSE under Appearance and Themes, Launch Feedback you can disable both items. If I remember correctly in Fedora it's under Look and Feel.
    I meant only at startup.

I tired removing ~/.kde/share/config/klaunchrc then replacing it with one that doesn't enable feedback and at the end removing then replacing it with my original.

If there was a way I could change ~/.kde/share/config/klaunchrc when kdesktop is killed...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I don't see the bouncing icon or taskbar in SuSE 9.3, Mandrake 2005 LE or Xandros Desktop after disabling the bouncing icon or taskbar in look and feel/Appearance Themes.

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I meant only at startup.

I don't see them at startup either.

Linux Engineer
    I mean that I want something to run at startup without "feedback" but everything after that has feedback.