Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
hmm...ran into a slight problem with adesklets. i found i can only open it with root. i can run the command with, lets say, "user" without any errors, but nothing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

hmm...ran into a slight problem with adesklets. i found i can only open it with root. i can run the command with, lets say, "user" without any errors, but nothing actually happens (ie. desklets don't load or they don't reload). as soon as i "su" into root, i can run adesklets just fine.

i've also found that i can't "sudo adesklets" successfully...it'll just do the same thing as if i was trying to run it as "user"

any idea how to fix this? i'm thinking this is the reason why it won't load when the computer starts after adding it to ".xinitrc" or after saving the session when i exit.

Just Joined!
    Hmmm... That is weird. Well, until you have that solved, not running adesklets might be prudent... You know what they say about running things as root.

d0p
    Just Joined!
    You may learn some little features/tweeks by watching their flash movies http://www.xfce.org/various/flash_demos.html. never hurts.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by d0p
    You may learn some little features/tweeks by watching their flash movies http://www.xfce.org/various/flash_demos.html. never hurts.
    thanks for the link

i would now like to ask about a slight annoyance (i didn't want to start a new thread for this). how do i set the default web browser in xfce4? if i click a link in, say, gaim it gives me an error saying that "mozilla" doesn't exist (well, it doesn't...i use firefox instead). how would i tell it to run firefox instead of mozilla as the default browser?

thanks in advance!

I don't think this is xfce specific... You can set this in gaim (this goes for most email programs as well). I just wanted to mention the site www.xfce-look.org, which has some nice things (not as much as kde-look, but it's much newer).
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    I don't think this is xfce specific... You can set this in gaim (this goes for most email programs as well). I just wanted to mention the site www.xfce-look.org, which has some nice things (not as much as kde-look, but it's much newer).

i never even tried that because i didn't think it would exist. wow, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by josolanes

i never even tried that because i didn't think it would exist. wow, thanks a lot!
    When I first started using xfce, it didn't exist, as I said, it is quite new. And you're welcome
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2