I'm going to list the warnings that are in my Xlog and see which ones you can help me with, but my main concern is the authority errors.

I get the .Xauthority and .ICEauthority errors when I try and start X as a user.

The errors read something like
Xauth: timeout in locking authority file //.Xauthority

I dont know what the ICE error looks like as it is not in my log, but its the same type error.

I can start X as root so I'm pretty sure all I have to do is find these files and change the ownership. Problem is I cant find them. 'locate' and 'slocate' doesn't return any values so I'm not sure where to find them. If anyone knows please advise me as to where or what to do. I might be wrong so if anyone knows whats wrong please reply.

I also get this error. I pulled it from my log.

(WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/".
Entry deleted from font path.
(Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/").
(WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/".
Entry deleted from font path.
(Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/").
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!

mkfontdir is not a reconizable command so I dunno how to make the special directory. It does not prevent X from loading though.

(WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such file or directory)

I dont know what the hell this means.

X also cries about my H and V sync rates, but X still loads and diplays fine so I dunno what that is all about. I know my rates are correct as I pulled them from the manual. That pretty much wraps things up. Any help would rock. Thanks in advance.