Find the answer to your Linux question:
just wondering how do i get eterm to look like it's just on my background.. like this... http://www.linuxshot.org/pic/102_238_full.jpg...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

eterm

just wondering how do i get eterm to look like it's just on my background..
    like this...
    http://www.linuxshot.org/pic/102_238_full.jpg
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules or else.

Check the man page, one thing to do is to run it with the -O option to make it transparent. Also, make sure you do not run it with -s (the scrollbar). Finally, -x for no borders. Try it out.

edit: well, I've gone and played with the thing until I got the results Basically, you should find the file which has the options for eterm (it should be ~/.Eterm/themes/eterm/user.cfg). There you can change all of the options which I mentioned. Towards the bottom of the file, below the line 'toggles:', set it like this:
    scrollbar 0
    borderless 1
    buttonbar 0

Then, run it with the -O (transparent), -f black (makes the font black) and --font-fx none (this cancels all the font effects). These last three options you can add to your icon (if you use an icon to launch eterm), if you use enlightenment you can add them to your ~.menu file inside ~/.enlightenment.

I'm playing around with the effects, I'd like a colored dropshadow or something similar, but I can't figure out how to define the colors, if anyone can help? Writing --font-fx shadow blue for instance does not work, it gives me the default effect, a black dropshadow.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com