Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wondering if someone allready had the time to install/create the rpm's for the new Gnome 2.12. I'm curious about the findings and stability. And if Fedora Core 3 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Anyone running the new Gnome 2.12

I was wondering if someone allready had the time to install/create the rpm's for the new Gnome 2.12.
    I'm curious about the findings and stability.

And if Fedora Core 3 rpms are available.

As I'm not planning on using FC4 anytime soon.
    Thinking about skipping FC4 and use FC5 when it's available.

---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Linux Engineer
    i downloaded the gnome 2.12 live cd, its nice but the difference between that and 2.10 is not huge.. i will be updateding permanantly when the gentoo ebuild is out.

Quote Originally Posted by variant
    i downloaded the gnome 2.12 live cd, its nice but the difference between that and 2.10 is not huge.. i will be updateding permanantly when the gentoo ebuild is out.
    I've read that nautilus has been updated grately.. including speed performance.

Is it true or neglectable.
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.

Linux Engineer
    its hard to say partly because i barely use nautilus in general usage anyway but also because the live cd is much much slower in general than a proper installation what with it accessing the cd every time you click somthing virtualy :) i get the impression that the whole setup is a bit more slick however one thing that has alwase irritated me is still there; new icons that apear when you plug in a usb device or whatnot apear over the top of existing icons.