Find the answer to your Linux question:
Lo all I decided to test out fvwm So found a conf and a little intro on the web copy/paste the config file to test and see if I understand ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Strange problem with fvwm

Lo all
    I decided to test out fvwm
    So found a conf and a little intro on the web copy/paste the config file to test and see if I understand something and could bother with fvwm.
    So I've got a directory named .fvwm in /home/gnux ans the config file (.fvwm2rc) is in it, I reboot and the config file doesn't seem to work at all (always the ugly default settings) so I :
    mv .fvw2rc /home/gnux instead of .fvwm same results.
    My question is: why my fvwm doesn't want to try out this config?
    Thx for any help

Have you looked at this: http://www.fvwmwiki.org/CreatingFvwm2rc. Hopefully that helps.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    Have you looked at this: http://www.fvwmwiki.org/CreatingFvwm2rc. Hopefully that helps.

Bryan
    No I don't know this website...Moreover it doesn't work: I try to add the -f option in my .xinitrc (for the meaning of -f see the man page of fvwm) but it doesnt work...It's really strange, the first time I got sth like that

Have you checked the settings in /etc/X11/fvwm?

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Linux Engineer
    Try to put it in "/home/gnux/.fvwm/config", I beleve thats the new name of fvwm2rc.

However I don't know why you need to reboot because of the config... Also, make sure you start fvwm from .xinitrc/.xsession instead of the default TWM!