Find the answer to your Linux question:
where is the file that keeps tab of all that's on the main menu, and it's submenus? or is there one? i can't remove a launcher/menu-item by just right-clicking it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

can't remove launcher from main menu

where is the file that keeps tab of all that's on the main menu, and it's submenus? or is there one? i can't remove a launcher/menu-item by just right-clicking it and choosing remove. it says that the operation is unsupported...

i'm using RH9
    Registered User #345074

Linux Engineer
    What windowmanager are you talking about? I use blackbox.

Linux User
    i'm using RH9's default, which i think is Nautilus. or is this another thing?
    Registered User #345074

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    nautilus is a (crap) web/file browser which comes with gnome, so you are useing gnome windowmanager. i dont know how to change the menues in gnome as i dont use it. it will have a config file somewhere probably in your home dir which should contain a list of menu items that you can edit. i recomend that you try useing windowmaker or blackbox as soon as you can. they are massivly faster than gnome or kde and you can still use the gnome or kde applications in them. also i know how to change the menus in those:)

Linux User
    it's not somewhere in the user's home, it seems to have a global setting...

so anyway, where do i get these windowmaker and/or blackbox? i might try them soon...does these come with the distro release?
    Registered User #345074

Linux Engineer
    yes they come with redhat

Linux User
    ok, i'lll try that sometime. i got cool icons and window borders... i 'll wait til i get bored with them for now.

besides, i think it's a poor excuse to just switch to a whole new thing just because one didn't do enough to solve a problem on that something. i know it's here somewhere. a lot of config settings are in plain/text files in linux.

and i don't think gnome/kde are crap. it wouldn't be there for a long time if it really sucked.... but let's not argue about this though. there will always be user preference and better products...
    Registered User #345074