Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using Mandriva LE 20005 with Turkish locale. The login screen when logging into KDE/X windows is in English for some reason. I am using kdm, not xdm; confirmed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

kdm login screen

I am using Mandriva LE 20005 with Turkish locale. The login screen when logging into KDE/X windows is in English for some reason. I am using kdm, not xdm; confirmed by mandriva control center. I also checked the kdm settings from KDE control center, which shows a Turkish greeting. At this point, I think I need to figure out the configuration file to verify sttings manually, because everything from GUI point of view looks fine, but I still get a different screen than I am expecting! So my questions are:
    1. Can this be because of an encoding issue? I use UTF-8 for character encoding everywhere.
    2. What is the name and location of the file I should check/edit? It really doesn't look like the kdm configuration file, since it has the right parameters but those do not display on that particular login screen.
    3. Is it possible that the xdm is kicking in because kdm is having some problems, etc?
    Thanks in advance,
    hakova

Linux Engineer
    GDM or XDM will usually kick in if KDM is having trouble yeah...