Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been messing around trying to get my ati card to work proberly. And now my system is really messed up.. Normaly I have a backup of the xf86config-4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

x not executable

I have been messing around trying to get my ati card to work proberly. And now my system is really messed up.. Normaly I have a backup of the xf86config-4 file and can reset everything. But this time i installed xorg instead of xf86. so far so good, except i get the error "x is not executable" so I can't start x...

anybody have any idea? Help..

And I think i will bill Ati for all the hours spent trying to get that damn video card to work proberly... I need 3d... oh please God give me 3d...

When do you get this message? Could you give a verbatim copy-paste of the error?

Linux Newbie
    heh.. good luck copy/paste without X

if someone gave you a default xorg.config file would that help?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    At startup, x can't start and I get all the usual questions about wanting to look at the error file...

Then I try to change something in xorg.conf and try to start x with "startx" hehe.. and i get the error x not executable,
    I though maybe it had chmod or something? Maybe there is a way to make a file executable..??

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDan
    heh.. good luck copy/paste without X
    Most Linux distributions have console mouse support. He could also copy the contents of the /var/log/Xfree86.0.log or whatever it's called, edit out the irrelevant parts in a text editor like Nano, and then post that. There are ways, young Jedi.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants