Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by master123467
    KDE 3.5 b1 is very stable really its very fast to i thnk the fastest kde version yet

btw what is the root password
    Oh, yes, you are using Kubuntu, forgot. Ubuntu and Kubuntu don't have root users by default, they use the 'sudo' command. You can use sudo to create the root user if you wish:
    Code:
    sudo su
    [your password]
    passwd
    [new root password]
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

yea ok but has anyone evver got a wireless network working

Linux Enthusiast
    You seriously need to read up more about Linux before making some of you questions. Go in here: TLDP and read some of the HowTo's and Guides (Start with "Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide" on the guides section).

Yes, wireless networking is possible under any Linux, but not simple. You need to find and install drivers, or use ndiswrapper (a program that uses Win drivers to run your adapter). I know it works because I connect using a NetGear wireless adapter.

And you don't have a KDE3.5 b1 Live CD because KDE is not a distribution, it's a desktop environment, hence the name K Desktop Environment.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by bidi
    Yes, wireless networking is possible under any Linux, but not simple. You need to find and install drivers, or use ndiswrapper (a program that uses Win drivers to run your adapter). I know it works because I connect using a NetGear wireless adapter.
    I actually found wifi simple with ndiswrapper, under Kanotix (which also has a gui to ndiswrapper). I don't use wep encription (just mac address filtering) so that made it a bit easier.

@master1234567: I agree with bidi, read up a bit, you're currently just tossing questions left and right, and you never mentioned if you solved the last question before asking a new one. The link he gave you is really usefull.
    www.cloudyuseful.com

oo yes i do hve KDE 3.5 b1 live cd and i hve kubuntu install cd and some gnome distros and yea

Quote Originally Posted by master123467
    oo yes i do hve KDE 3.5 b1 live cd and i hve kubuntu install cd and some gnome distros and yea
    There are a few distributions that have kde 3.5 betas, among them onebase and klax. KDE itself is not a distribution, it is a desktop environment as bidi already said.
    www.cloudyuseful.com