Find the answer to your Linux question:
I think it was due to when i installed Freerock GNOME for Slackware 10.2. Anyways, i installed FRG and when it was done, i ended my KDE session and typed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Freerock GNOME Problems

I think it was due to when i installed Freerock GNOME for Slackware 10.2. Anyways, i installed FRG and when it was done, i ended my KDE session and typed "gnome-session". It said something along the lines of "GTK **WARNING: cannot open display". I tried starting xfce4-session. Same error (except with xfce4 giving the error). Its probably because of either package overwrite from FRG or because of some command i'm forgetting to type. KDE starts fine when i type "startx" so....idk

EDIT: Well i figured out how to start xfce4...just type startxfce4....but gnome doesn't seem to have that option...

Banned

Re: Freerock GNOME Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous1c4
    I think it was due to when i installed Freerock GNOME for Slackware 10.2. Anyways, i installed FRG and when it was done, i ended my KDE session and typed "gnome-session". It said something along the lines of "GTK **WARNING: cannot open display". I tried starting xfce4-session. Same error (except with xfce4 giving the error). Its probably because of either package overwrite from FRG or because of some command i'm forgetting to type. KDE starts fine when i type "startx" so....idk

EDIT: Well i figured out how to start xfce4...just type startxfce4....but gnome doesn't seem to have that option...
    Type(as root):
    Code:
    slapt-get --dist-upgrade
    ...and it will replace some libs to get GNOME running.