Find the answer to your Linux question:
how would you go about changing the slash and boot screens with runing KDE oo btw does anyone hve a KDE.iso of some version...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

changing splash screens and boot screens in KDE with runing it

how would you go about changing the slash and boot screens with runing KDE

oo btw does anyone hve a KDE.iso of some version

Don't post the same question twice. I've already answered in your other thread: KDE control center. I'll let you know later where exactly in the control center later, as I don't have KDE installed on this comp.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Just Joined!
    i mean with out hving to run KDE

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by master123467
    i mean with out hving to run KDE
    using what distribution? also, when you say "without having to run kde", do you mean ONLY by entering commands on the command line? therefore, you want to know what config files to edit.

Just Joined!
    im using kubuntu and i mean with out runin kubuntu like editing while in my default os(windows xp)

im using kubuntu and i mean with out runin kubuntu like editing while in my default os(windows xp)
    i don't think that can be done. i don't think windows can write to jfs or ext2 file systems. linux can write to NTFS, though (or so i've heard).

Just Joined!
    ok so i hve to install kubuntu but can i make the splash screens using fireworks in windows xp

ok so i hve to install kubuntu but can i make the splash screens using fireworks in windows xp
    yes, of course. when you've finsihed, just go to /mnt/windows when you're in linux, then drag'n'drop it into linux.

Just Joined!
    ok ive installed it but cant drag my files i hosted and then downloaded to my linux desktop because it says i dont hve permission

Linux Enthusiast
    ok ive installed it but cant drag my files i hosted and then downloaded to my linux desktop because it says i dont hve permission
    What did you install? What are you trying to drag? And how are you trying to drag it?

What us to help you? Read what I wrote on the other post (the one you're trying to enable the root account). What you should get out of that is: One step at a time.

The Windows partition won't work out of the box, and it takes a little tinkering around to get it working. I would recommend copying the files to a USB stick and use that to transfer your data until you're more familiar on how to mount devices.