Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Have you tried going into the Root Terminal like I mentioned in a previous post? That'll probably be the easiest way, the password that is asked is your user's password. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Have you tried going into the Root Terminal like I mentioned in a previous post? That'll probably be the easiest way, the password that is asked is your user's password. Type that in, then follow the rest of the intructions.

Just Joined!
    i did do tht
    it wont work

Linux Enthusiast
    If nothing that we mentioned here works, it means someone already activated the root account and set a password. The only way you're going to get this working now is if you find out the password or re-install Kubuntu.

Since you say you don't know who did this, or what the password is, I think a re-install is needed. This time, chill-out... Read everything that comes your way, if you have any questions ask here, but don't just say "I can't figure this out". Give us information of what you did and what the messages where. Don't forget "ONE STEP AT A TIME".

Just Joined!
    i installed kubuntu before i went to school today and no one has been home accept me so maybe im doin somethin wrong but i dont no what im doin wrong

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by master123467
    i installed kubuntu before i went to school today and no one has been home accept me so maybe im doin somethin wrong but i dont no what im doin wrong
    nothing is wrong, only that you do not remember what you typed in the first time you tried
    to create root password. It seems that you actually created that password without knowing
    it.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by master123467
    Code:
    master123467@bband:~$ su
    Password:(root)
    su: Authentication failure
    Sorry.
    master123467@bband:~$
    what im i doing wrong
    i'm guessing that you aren't following directions also ... are there any forums in your native language?
    Old Skewl - AMD Athlon XP 1600+ / 512mb / 160gb / nVidia GeForce 4 4800ti 128mb / openSUSE 10.0 / 2.6.13-15 / (puter geek . linux noob)

Just Joined!
    i tired all the passwords i no ive put and none worked is there any way to make the user i am which is master123467 a root

Linux Enthusiast
    Want our help? Listen to what we're saying! Read my post again and do what it says.

I really don't understand you. You ask for help but seems like you're not reading our answers at all, because you just go and do something completely different than what was explained.

Click here: http://www.ubuntuguide.org/
    That's the Ubuntu Guide, READ IT! Chances are ALL your questions are going to be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by bidi
    If nothing that we mentioned here works, it means someone already activated the root account and set a password. The only way you're going to get this working now is if you find out the password or re-install Kubuntu.

Since you say you don't know who did this, or what the password is, I think a re-install is needed. This time, chill-out... Read everything that comes your way, if you have any questions ask here, but don't just say "I can't figure this out". Give us information of what you did and what the messages where. Don't forget "ONE STEP AT A TIME".

Linux Newbie
    bah ... seems like some ought to just lock this one up lol.
    Old Skewl - AMD Athlon XP 1600+ / 512mb / 160gb / nVidia GeForce 4 4800ti 128mb / openSUSE 10.0 / 2.6.13-15 / (puter geek . linux noob)

Quote Originally Posted by fyrephlie
    bah ... seems like some ought to just lock this one up lol.
    I kinda agree. I agree with the philosophy of helping newbies to get on their feet so the linux user base is increased, but this guy just doesn't seem to listen to anything you say!
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast