Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I customize my GNOME login screen. As far as I know, it is difficult to play around with GNOME's settings so Im not sure I can. Any help?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Custom GNOME login screen

How do I customize my GNOME login screen. As far as I know, it is difficult to play around with GNOME's settings so Im not sure I can. Any help?

A Hint

The Gnome login screen is normaly taken care of by GDM.

The command is "gdmsetup".

Other than the direct command, if I remember correctly it's somewhere in Gnome options.
    Login manager or something.

Anyway the file that interest you here is "etc/gdm/gdm.conf"

Make sure you have installed "gdm-themes".

I wish I could be more precise, I don't have a linux box near (well 2, but no GUI or X installed).

But in Gnome (for GDM) as in KDE (for KDM), Session Manager is always part of the options.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Linux Engineer
    You can also download new themes from gnome-look.org or art.gnome.org, I belive they can be installed in gdmsetup by drag&drop

If you mean the splash screen, I remember I replaced it before by replacing s special file which name I can't remember, thought the newer versions of gnome might have a tool for changing splash (Can't remember it in other OSs than freebsd)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close