Find the answer to your Linux question:
When dragging to move a window, scrollbar, or highlight text, it only remains "grabbed" for a fraction of a second to a few seconds, releasing too early. I also have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mouse Issues

When dragging to move a window, scrollbar, or highlight text, it only remains "grabbed" for a fraction of a second to a few seconds, releasing too early. I also have noticed that when trying to click something, it is many times interpretted as two clicks. Such as starting two instances of Firefox or my terminal instead of one. Movement is fine and scrollwheel is dandy. This has only cropped up recently. Is there anything known to cause this problem?

Just Joined!
    i have the same problem, and i thot changing my theme might help but no. sometimes pressing SHIFT when clicking kind of help, but that only sometimes.

using knoppix on HD
    KDE3.4

Have You tried changing the mouse. I had the same problem a few weeks back and a new mouse solved it for Me.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie

Re: Mouse Issues

Quote Originally Posted by LordSarpedon
    When dragging to move a window, scrollbar, or highlight text, it only remains "grabbed" for a fraction of a second to a few seconds, releasing too early. I also have noticed that when trying to click something, it is many times interpretted as two clicks. Such as starting two instances of Firefox or my terminal instead of one. Movement is fine and scrollwheel is dandy. This has only cropped up recently. Is there anything known to cause this problem?
    What Desktop Enviroment do you use?
    You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

Just Joined!

mouse issues

Thanks brother_nick, that did the trick, it seems my optical usb mouse was messed up somehow, i just changed and put an old PS/2 mouse and walla it worked fine, besides getting a bit sticky but thats jut cleaning required.
    Am not sure if its just the faulty mouse as i didnt experience the problem when using it on windows sometime back or its a usb mouse issue, will try another usb soon