Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
hello loft306 and others, did you guys find any solution to this problem? i am getting the exact problem. It just changes to some other time randomly....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

was this problem fixed?

hello loft306 and others,

did you guys find any solution to this problem? i am getting the exact problem. It just changes to some other time randomly.

The only thing I can think of is time zones. If Windows has it right and your bios and KDE haave it wrong, then it sounds like your BIOS is set to UTC, not your local time zone. That's the only thing I can think off...
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...

Just Joined!
    no guys i cant still get it,

if the bios were wrong i suppose it would show the wrong time every time i boot up? but in my case the clock is perfect every time i boot up.

however after exactly around 5-6 hours it changes drastically to some other time. i have been very attentive to notice any pattern but it changes randomly to some other time.

i saw some people asking to delete some file /etc/adjtime and use hwclock and everything. nothing seems to work for me.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    When it happens, try checking your log files and dmesg for any clues.

well i geuss u can say i got it fixed........just installed gentoo on the lappie..prob solved... but asto the correct way to of fixed it i geuss i will never know
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2