Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I use the "epplets"? The option shows up in the menu when i left-click the desktop, but nothing shows up within that menu... Also, how do I set ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Some questions about Enlightenment....

How do I use the "epplets"? The option shows up in the menu when i left-click the desktop, but nothing shows up within that menu...

Also, how do I set the wallpaper to a certain image file on my computer? What folder does it look for images from?

Thanks in advance

Linux Enthusiast
    *bump*
    can someone help?

As I recall, you must first install some epplets (sorry, I haven't used E16 in some time).

One repository is at:

http://www.sanity.uklinux.net/epplets.html

Unfortunately, the Enlightenment website seems to be down, so I can't check for exact instructions there. But good luck to ya. Maybe try checking a ~/.e/ directory?

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabhan
    As I recall, you must first install some epplets (sorry, I haven't used E16 in some time).

One repository is at:

http://www.sanity.uklinux.net/epplets.html

Unfortunately, the Enlightenment website seems to be down, so I can't check for exact instructions there. But good luck to ya. Maybe try checking a ~/.e/ directory?
    i forgot to mention that i emerged the epplets too. i did, however, get them to show in the menu...i just had to regenerate the menu...(middle click desktop -> maintenance -> regenerate menus)

i also found where the background images are stored...
    /home/user/.englightenment/backgrounds
    user is whatever your user name is and the ".enligthenment" directory is hidden

new question though...how do i move the epplets around on the desktop? when i create one, it defaults to the top left corner and i can't move it by left clicking/right clicking/middle clicking and dragging. can someone help please?

also, how do i make the epplets go in the background so that, when i maximize a window, the windows stay above it and not to the side of them?

lastly, how would i emerge x11-wm/e ? that's the next version of enlightenment i believe (e17) and i'd like to try it out. it masks it with "-*"

To move epplets, I think you hold 'alt' while clicking on them... Most of the settings are probably in various text files in /home/~/.enlightenment.

For installing masked packages, check the end of this page:
    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handboo...ap=3#doc_chap3
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    To move epplets, I think you hold 'alt' while clicking on them... Most of the settings are probably in various text files in /home/~/.enlightenment.

For installing masked packages, check the end of this page:
    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handboo...ap=3#doc_chap3
    thanks a lot!! both of those worked
    to unmask it i added this to the /etc/portage/package.keywords:
    Code:
    x11-wm/e -*
    ...and you were right about right-clicking an epplet to move it . thank you so much...those have both been bothering me for a couple of days and i couldn't find the answers. the package mask one, i tried adding it to /etc/portage/package.unmask ealier with no luck and also tried:
    Code:
    ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="-*" emerge e
    without it installing either.