Find the answer to your Linux question:
I tried installing Red Hat.. xserver fails. I installed SuSE.. xserver fails. Enough is freaking enough. I'm currently using a Dell E770S monitor. My video card is Number Nine 128 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Alright, i'm getting sick of this.

I tried installing Red Hat.. xserver fails. I installed SuSE.. xserver fails. Enough is freaking enough.

I'm currently using a Dell E770S monitor. My video card is Number Nine 128 series. When I type startx, it can't find any screens blah blah BS getting tired of seeing it. I ran the xf86config and tried many different configurations and nothing works. Someone please help!

*Edit: When I try to use the driver for my video card (its listed).. it says "AddScreen/ScreenInit fails for driver 0". When I don't use it, I get a totally different error message.

Just Joined!
    After trying MORE random configs.. I got it to go into the desktop. But it's only showing half!!

Just Joined!

qestions, questions, questions...dam answers

may i sugest posting you XF86Config file?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    First of all, did you try "XFree86 -configure"? If that doesn't work, do as ravenstyles said and post your XF86Config, and /var/log/XFree86.0.log.

Linux Engineer
    and the section of lspci regarding ur video card