Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Yeah I know, the Python site was one of the first places I looked, btw, I'm sorry to hear that you had a crappy thanksgiving I just figured it was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Yeah I know,
    the Python site was one of the first places I looked, btw, I'm sorry to hear that you had a crappy thanksgiving I just figured it was polite to mention it . Anywho, being that I am a glutten for punishment (like so many of us out there) I will of course continue to poke at this problem until I have squashed it out. Like everything else in the Unix/Linux world, every problem is an opportunity to learn something new about the open source world .

I'm sorry to hear that you had a crappy thanksgiving
    crappy thanksgiving? to tell you the truth, i didn't have any thanskgiving at all. in fact, i don't know anyone who did celebrate thanksgiving. we don't celebrate things like that round here. i'm from the UK. theres no such thing as thanksgiving around these parts. thats why i put the:

Just Joined!
    Whoops my bad, I forget from time to time that when I'm reading and posting to these or any forums, I need to remind myself that I'm dealing with a worldwide audience . Besides I'm not to big a fan on the whole thanksgiving thing either .

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw
    Anyway, Ozar, I've seen adesklets and I know that they are there as another option just incase I can't work my way through the gdesklets issue, but I noticed that adesklets doesn't have as many desklets as gnome does. Which is why I tried gdesklets first .
    Yeah, there aren't as many adesklets yet, but the number is growing fast. I was going to try gdesklets but I don't run any gnome stuff at all, and when I saw that huge list of depencencies, it was an easy choice.

I do hope the gdesklets work out for you, though!

Just Joined!
    It's becoming quite a pain in the ass . Honestly, I would like a simple iconbar with some basic features, something along the lines of engage. However, the only app's available that fit such a discription are;
    "gDesklets, aDesklets, Engage, Iconbar".
    I have emerged 3 out of the 4 that I listed but for whatever reason I'm having a ***** of a time getting any decent how-to's or tutorials for either of them! Based on some screen shots I've seen gDesklets seems to have a lot of cool little app's, but their isn't any decent documentation on the website or anywhere else for that matter. Engage is another one that I happen to like very much, but yet again, I can't find any damn documentation on configuring it properly ! So this pretty much leaves me with aDesklets "modubar", which looks kind of like what I'm looking for, so I might just go ahead and start another thread based on that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2