Find the answer to your Linux question:
im running suse and need to know how to unlimmit the ammount of virtual memory alocated to XFree86. thanks....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

unlimmit virtual ram

im running suse and need to know how to unlimmit the ammount of virtual memory alocated to XFree86. thanks.

Linux Enthusiast
    Why do you need to know this? This is handled by the VMM in the kernel. Are you sure you know what you are doing?
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux User
    i just udgraded my graphics card and when a spacifig screensaver trys to run it tells me to find the "unlimmit -v <number>" line in a startup script and either change the number or remove it. so i need to know whare that is.

if i knew what i was doing i wouldnt be asking for help.

Linux Enthusiast
    okay, you had me confused for a second ULIMIT, not unlimmit is to set the maximum memory for a user account. I assume you have root access to this server? If so, try `grep ulimit /etc/* -r` to see if it is in any of your startup files, if so, then find that file and change it. If not, come back, tell me what version of Suse you are using, and that will help. Also, tell me if you could find that string anywhere else in your / directory (not including /proc)
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Just Joined!

ok

Quote Originally Posted by eather View Post
    im running suse and need to know how to unlimmit the ammount of virtual memory alocated to XFree86. thanks.

Great post. I'm just not completely sure that I'm understanding the depth to this.
    Can anybody explain this out a little bit more?

Hi and Welcome !

This thread is very old. Please start a new thread. Sorry for inconvenience.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First