Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Ozar Originally Posted by josolanes yea, it looks really bad at first...like something a very outdated computer would use. i'll give it another shot once i find ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Ozar
    Quote Originally Posted by josolanes
    yea, it looks really bad at first...like something a very outdated computer would use. i'll give it another shot once i find (another) wm/de that i really like. so far, i had xfce set up exactly as i want but i just wanted to try something different (that's what i'm looking for now). enlightenment was the temporary fix but i wanted more (tabbed windows lol).

i couldn't agree more about wm/de hopping. it really is as fun as changing distros. i'm going through a phase right now
    Ah... I just noticed in the screenshots thread that you've gone ahead and switched to fvwm, afterall. It looks really good.

I plan to work on my fvwm configs over the weekend, so with any luck, I'll be posting a screenshot before the weekend is out, too.
    yea i did. thanks for the comment

i recommend getting the fvwm-crystal addon/package. it looks really nice with little tweaking, and i'm assuming you can still customize it to your tastes. it's also very very fast and has so many little things you can do with it . i think i'm sticking to this one for a while

oz
    forum.guy
    i recommend getting the fvwm-crystal addon/package.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking about using, especially after seeing yours. Overall, I think fvwm is probably the ultimate linux window manager once it's setup correctly. Glad to see you are up and running, and hope you continue to enjoy.

Ratpoison..the own.

Linux Enthusiast
    Yeah, ratpoison rocks, you don't even need to use the mouse, it makes it so much easier. I haven't used it yet, but I am going to, quick Q for ya lakerdonald, can i use apps that need a mouse with a mouse?

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinebacon
    Yeah, ratpoison rocks, you don't even need to use the mouse, it makes it so much easier. I haven't used it yet, but I am going to, quick Q for ya lakerdonald, can i use apps that need a mouse with a mouse?
    wmii and ion is keyboard centric too, you can use the mouse there, so I assume so... I doubt ratpoison will deactivate the mouse

oz
    forum.guy
    i recommend getting the fvwm-crystal addon/package. it looks really nice with little tweaking, and i'm assuming you can still customize it to your tastes. it's also very very fast and has so many little things you can do with it . i think i'm sticking to this one for a while
    Hey, josolanes... I wound up trying about a dozen different configs including fvwm-crystal, and while several of them were very nice, I've decided to create my own. After 4 days of work, it's come along nicely. It wasn't all that hard to just go in and take the parts that I really liked out of all the different configs, then to edit them to suit my own tastes.

Fvwm has certainly been a learning experience, and lots of fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2