Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have mandrake 10 on my PC. I use KDE as my WM. I want to install KDE 3.5. I looked at the KDE website and they dont have KDE ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Newbie - About KDE 3.5

I have mandrake 10 on my PC. I use KDE as my WM. I want to install KDE 3.5. I looked at the KDE website and they dont have KDE 3.5 for Mandrake. Can I use RPM's built for Suse to install on my Mandrake?

Rave.

If you still have the RPM's for the KDE you currently use, then you can try uninstalling that and installing the version for a different distribution. If it doesn't work properly, you can still go back to your original one.

If you're taking this route though, you might want to get hold of the KDE source and build the thing yourself. It's far more likely to work with your config if you do this, and you can update to incorporate newest features as soon as they're available rather than waiting for a distro update.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    As I said I am a newbie to this RPM and Packages stuff. Is there any other EASY alternative to it?

I have used some apps like nedit and aterm built for other distributions and they worked on Mandrake.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...d.php?t=392637 - This is for 2006.0 but it might work.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Linux Newbie
    I tried 3.5 but its buggy and sound crashes at startup for me. I suggest waiting for the next update to 3.5. Besides all the bugs it is pretty cool. New kde releases have always been buggy for me.
    Registered Linux user #390336