Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Sorry first of all if this is unclear but I can't think of a better way to describe this. The picture that is on the left hand side ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Changing the KDE Menu "side picture"

Hi all,

Sorry first of all if this is unclear but I can't think of a better way to describe this. The picture that is on the left hand side of the KMenu is the one I am looking to change. Does anyone know the directory where this is contained or how I can go about changing this?

All of the customization material I have come upon so far has been about customizing menu entries.

Thanks in advance,
    Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

oz
    forum.guy
    Do a Google search for " KDE kicker UseSidePixmap" and you should get some pages that might have what you are looking for.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by bryansmith
    Hi all,

Sorry first of all if this is unclear but I can't think of a better way to describe this. The picture that is on the left hand side of the KMenu is the one I am looking to change. Does anyone know the directory where this is contained or how I can go about changing this?

All of the customization material I have come upon so far has been about customizing menu entries.

Thanks in advance,
    Bryan
    i think the chances are it will be contained with the theme because it seems to change depending on the theme. unfortunately, i don't know the exact directory. perhaps the kicker directory in /usr/share/apps.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

KMenu Side Image

I know the timeline on this thread, but this might be of interest anyways. In PCLinuxOS the solution is;

as su - modify this image

/usr/share/apps/kicker/pics kside.png to reflect your OS info

There may be other images there that you might want to customise.

Hi billconlon !

Welcome to the LinuxForums and thanx for the info.
    I just checked in Debian ( Lenny ) and Ubuntu ( Gutsy ). You have posted correct path. Going to customize a few...
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First