Find the answer to your Linux question:
First, is it possible to have the "window list" in the taskbar without needing to have the applications actually show up in the taskbar? I've attached some pics to help ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

KDE - A couple of taskbar related questions

First, is it possible to have the "window list" in the taskbar without needing to have the applications actually show up in the taskbar?
    I've attached some pics to help describe what i mean.

this is what i remove from the taskbar (if possible):

..and this is what i want to keep (it's in Configure Panel-->Taskbar-->show window list button):

Is this possible? They do, essentially, the same task..

Second, what type of measurement does the Run Away Process Catcher use for measuing the CPU load threshhold? It varies bewteen 0 and 1000, but doesn't say what the measurement is. I'm assuming it's in milliseconds, but I'm not sure. If it is in milliseconds, than what would be a good number for this...to determine if a process really is using too much cpu unexpectedly. You can set programs to ignore, but I'd like to have as few as possible in the list so i can actually close them if something goes amiss

Thanks in advance!

Wink

Unless you have configured it to do something else a middle click on the desktop will produce the same menu, if that is any help to you. I don't think the window list taskbar button is present once you remove the taskbar.

Linux Enthusiast

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    Unless you have configured it to do something else a middle click on the desktop will produce the same menu, if that is any help to you. I don't think the window list taskbar button is present once you remove the taskbar.
    ahh...well, that helps a lot lol. i didn't know that

thanks a lot!

any thoughts on the process catcher?

EDIT: i have the Mac-OS style panel at the top and added the window list thing to it....and it doesn't show the other running programs outside the window list button. that's exactly what i'm looking for

Quote Originally Posted by josolanes
    any thoughts on the process catcher?
    Well, if you read this it just tells you there's no advice about setting this up at the moment! I use that applet all the time though, and it's very handy.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    Well, if you read this it just tells you there's no advice about setting this up at the moment! I use that applet all the time though, and it's very handy.
    thanks

i guess i'll just experiment some than