Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i got this problem the first time i have slackware 9.1 ..... i have set the display resolution to 1024 X 768 @ 75hz and it works fine in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

problems with xfce4.1 on slack

hi

i got this problem the first time

i have slackware 9.1 .....

i have set the display resolution to 1024 X 768 @ 75hz

and it works fine in gnome/kde .. as i have specified

but when i log into xfce4.1 it reverts back to default like with large pixel resolution @ 60hz

and it looks ugly ............

then i fix it by running the gnome display resolution utility at the command prompt

but when i reboot the machine ... the xfce reverts back to the ugly resolution and refresh rate

i know i know ...... i have run xf86config and i have properly set up the video card driver and also the refresh rate of my moniter [ NEC MultiSync FE700+ horizotal synch @ 31-70 and vertical sync @ 55-120 ]

and ..... gnome is runs perfectly well ........ but i dont want to run gnome display properties utility each time i log into xfce

i neved had this problem with other distro or 2-3 times i installed the slack .... but this ....

any suggestions?

Linux Guru
    Can you check if the X server log says anything unusual? It's in /var/log/XFree86.0.log.

Linux Newbie
    dont worry i fixed it.

actually i forgot to select the best max pixel for my moniter .. 1024 X 768

for 24 bit colors

thats why when i selected through gnome it stayed that way and xfce4 would defualt back to more than 1024*768 @ 60hz refresh rate.

thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close