Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well I use Kahakai WM, and I was looking for a way to switch GTK themes without Gnome Theme Selector. I was suggested to use this app called switch2 (gtk-theme-switch). ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

GTK Problems

Well I use Kahakai WM, and I was looking for a way to switch GTK themes without Gnome Theme Selector. I was suggested to use this app called switch2 (gtk-theme-switch).

Anyway, app seems to work just fine. Then I realized that if I go to Gnome Theme Selector (other users on the machine use Gnome), they can not change the GTK theme. I mean it does not even change it but it even makes the current theme ugly (same theme but like different font and font colors).

I've tried removing that switch2 app and trying without it but Gnome Theme Selector still does not work properly

Anyone have any idea what the hell is happening?

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidar
    switch2 and gnome don't work well with each other. If you remove ~/.gtkrc-2.0, and the other ~/.gtkrc files that switch2 puts in, then you should be able to use the gnome theme selector fine. But you can only use switch2 or the gnome theme selector, not both.

Are all the users on the same user account? User accounts won't interfear with each other, so you can use switch2 and they can use the gnome theme selector if you create different accounts.
    Vidar of Gentoo Forums gave me that solution and it works.

Linux User
    Glad you got it working.

And thanks for documenting the solution here to hopefully help the next guy.
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein