Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just want to say thanks to the people here that are willing to help beginning linux users like myself. Ok onto hopefully my last problem with Mandrake 9.2. There ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Dev
    Just Joined!

No sound

I just want to say thanks to the people here that are willing to help beginning linux users like myself. Ok onto hopefully my last problem with Mandrake 9.2.

There is no sound. I checked my connections and everything is good. I ran Harddrake and it does register. It says it is using module ‎snd-emu10k1, if that helps any. I checked mandrakes website and it says the hardware is supported. It is a Sound Blaster Live! (audio). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Linux Engineer
    are all the volumes turned up. (aumix) and check that ur soudn server (if applicable) is turned on. if u are using kde this is arts, if gnome then its esd. the configs for these soudn be availible in the control panels for whatever DE u use.

check that whatever app u are tryignto use (xmms, mplayer, otehr audio player) has the right output plugin selected.

Linux Guru
    Could you post the output of "/sbin/lspci"?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Dev
    Just Joined!
    I have tried using Kscd to play some audio CDs and totem to play some MP3's with no luck. I don't have XMMS, If i could figure how to install that, that would be great too. I checked the volumes and everything is good. I wasnt able to find the output plugins like you said.

As far as "/sbin/lspci" I have no idea what that is.

Linux Engineer
    open a terminal and type that in