Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I just downloaded Mozilla 1.5 and the latest java VM and installed them both, the Mozilla installation first, but for the life of me I cannot get the java ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I get the java plugin to work with Mozilla 1.5

Hello, I just downloaded Mozilla 1.5 and the latest java VM and installed them both, the Mozilla installation first, but for the life of me I cannot get the java VM to work. I just don't know where or how to point Mozilla to look for the VM. I am running Mandrake 9.2 and it came with Mozilla 1.4 and java work with it without me doing anything. Your help is greately appreciated.

Ruddy

Linux Engineer
    I believe you need to create a link to the java plugin that was compile with gcc3.2. Currently, I don't have Java installed so I can't tell you the exact command.
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Engineer
    have u put the java executables into your path?

at a terminal type $PATH and see if it lists /usr/java/bin or wheever java isntalled to

if it didnt edit the .bashrc file for your user in ~ so it has the line
    PATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.3/jre/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin

or something similar

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thank you much, I got it woriking now, I realize that I had to put a symbolic link to the java plugin into the mozilla plugin directory.

Ruddy