Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im using Fedora 4, KDE 3.5. Today I noticed this strange behavior: Each time press the the or characters (single quote and double quote) on my keyboard nothing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Annoying KDE behevior

Im using Fedora 4, KDE 3.5. Today I noticed this strange behavior:
    Each time press the the or characters (single quote and double quote) on my keyboard nothing happens, and only the second time I press the button, the character is printed. When I press one of these characters and then a different character I get all sorts of strange characters:
    ś ŕ ź ....
    This happens on all KDE applications including virtual terminals.

I did play around a bit with the keybord layout setting in order to add support for Hebrew, but even when I changed it all back, the annoying behavior remanded.

Any ideas of how to fix this?
    Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Some time ago had same problem with GNOME. But then this problem disappeared. Strange.

Linux Engineer
    That's not single quotes and double quotes - nothing happens because you first have to press the key and then a letter to place those signs above the letters, so you can make letters like (accents?) and so on.

There should be a button for single and double quotes on the keyboard - I dunno what keyboard you have, but on my norwegian qwerty I have to press shift-2 for double and tge key left for return and above right shift for single quotes.