Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Dapper Dan EDIT: Can you ssh into Xming/Windows from a Linux box and run Windows apps? yes, that's the idea. well not windows apps, but X apps ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
    EDIT: Can you ssh into Xming/Windows from a Linux box and run Windows apps?
    yes, that's the idea. well not windows apps, but X apps via cygwin (or Xming which I havn't looked at yet).

Quote Originally Posted by spoon!
    So you can just learn to use the command-line arguments and don't have to deal with the GUI at all.
    This too is an option. But I want it to work the way I want it to work!!! Isn't that why we spend so much time dicking around with Linux?

Just as a continuing note on this saga, somehow I can't even run 'startx' on cygwin anymore. I haven't had a chance yet to try to fix it, and I don't know what I did to cause it. As of last night, it's saying something about unable to connect to the server (that being the xhost server running locally, nothing to do with the network in this case).

More fun on the way
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

sorry to bump an old thread.

I'm curious to know the outcome of the OP dilemma? Any progress in thirteen months?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2