Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I've managed to install e17 from source, but I can't seem to get what I'm looking for out of it. So here's a few questions: 1. I'm lookng for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

need help with E17

So I've managed to install e17 from source, but I can't seem to get what I'm looking for out of it. So here's a few questions:

1. I'm lookng for something like the ibox, but showing not only iconified windows, but all the windows I have open.

2. How can I put a clock in the modular engage bar?

3. How do I put permanent icons in the engage module? They seem to dissappear when I close the programs that are running.

4. How do I get the .eap files to look for icons in folders outside of my home directory?

I think that's it for now. Thanks in advance.

That E17's really something. Coming from the other end of the desktop spectrum, (IceWM) E17 feels like something from outer space! All I managed to do was get it installed. I'll watch and learn from your progress.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux Newbie
    ha I definitely agree with that. IMO, IceWM looked worse than how windows looked and wasn't even as configurable. But I only used it for maybe 3 days.

IceWM doesn't have bouncing icons and all that animated jazz, but it boots in two seconds, is fast as a scalded dog, is highly configurable and gets serious work done in no time. I've used almost all the destop environments and windows managers and I always come back to IceWM! E17 is fun to play around with though...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux Newbie
    okay, I have another problem. where do I put startup scripts? I'm trying to make beagled start when I log into e17. And how do I use enlightenment_eapp?

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger123
    okay, I have another problem. where do I put startup scripts? I'm trying to make beagled start when I log into e17. And how do I use enlightenment_eapp?
    You can start beagled in ~/.xinitrc (if you use "startx") or ~/.xsession (if you use a DM), but remember to start it before you start enlightenment and put a & in the end of the line! Something like this:
    Code:
    beagled --some-option &
    exec enlightenment17
    Enlightenment may have it's own startup app manager, but I don't know about it...