Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi...i've instaled blackbox only after i finished instaling my linux version (suse 7.3)...but it doesn't appear in my login window...so i can't select it at start up.. how can i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

blackbox

hi...i've instaled blackbox only after i finished instaling my linux version (suse 7.3)...but it doesn't appear in my login window...so i can't select it at start up..
    how can i make it appear in my linux window?

Linux Enthusiast
    appear in your login window? What are you using? xdm, kdm, or gdm? Look for config files for these three programs. It is probably in there somewhere.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux User
    sorry...i'm kinda of a newbie for linux... what's xdm, kdm, or gdm and where do i find `em?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    man, how to find out if it is running when it is running. Go to control terminal 1 (ctrl-alt-F1) and login as root. Then type `ps auxww | grep dm` and look for /usr/bin/[g x k]dm or something like that. That will tell you which one is being used. After you find that out, then you can start poking around in little shell scripts that are run on startup like /etc/gdm/Sessions/Xsession or what have you. This is very platform dependant, and tough to answer without knowing a lot about a certain distro.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.