Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im looking to get Engage for my GNOME Desktop, but I cant seem to find it. All i can find on the enlightenment website is DR17. Where do I download ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Engage

Im looking to get Engage for my GNOME Desktop, but I cant seem to find it. All i can find on the enlightenment website is DR17. Where do I download it?

I think if you download the enlightenment dr17 code engage should be a part of it, so you can just compile it separately. What distro are you using? Because you might be able to get it via your package manager (I think it's in gentoo's portage).

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    I think if you download the enlightenment dr17 code engage should be a part of it, so you can just compile it separately. What distro are you using? Because you might be able to get it via your package manager (I think it's in gentoo's portage).

I am using Debian

Just Joined!
    if anyone has done this before by installing engage on another DE, can you please tell me how you did it or provide a link.

I've found some .rpm's for engage, you can use alien to turn them to .deb files:

http://rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/engage.htm...age:PN:0:0:1:0

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by psic
    I've found some .rpm's for engage, you can use alien to turn them to .deb files:

http://rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/engage.htm...age:PN:0:0:1:0
    Does it matter which rpm I choose?

Just make sure it's for the right architecture of you processor. If you have a 64-bit proc. go with one of the 'x86_64' ones, otherwise (as well as probably) go with one of the 'i586'. Other than that, it's just different builds. If one doesn't work, try a different one (possibly an older version).