Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need some people who know either KDE, Gnome or both very well. I recently installed Gnome on my desktop (I was originally running KDE) and now strange things are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

KDE and Gnome

I need some people who know either KDE, Gnome or both very well.

I recently installed Gnome on my desktop (I was originally running KDE) and now strange things are happening. My fonts in KDE are huge (compared to the installation before Gnome) and desktop icons are distorted in both desktops because KDE icons try to show up in Gnome and vice versa. Does anyone know how both desktops startup? I'm thinking that they are sharing a startup script which is causing this problem.
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Engineer
    im not sure about your fonts, perhaps the size is a system variable, try it with a new use rto check. the multiple icons thing i had problems with as well. i think its because the both read from a directory called ~/Desktop but one of them stores everythign in here and the other gets most from somewhere else but then adds the ones from ~/Desktop.

perhaps u caould write a simple script to move certain files out of ~/Desktop when u load up one of the desktops (make it so ur script is run as a startup program) and then a second script that puts them back when u run the other 1.

Linux Engineer
    I guess the way to really do it is to find out what scripts (not regarding to bash or any shells) are started. From there, I guess I can have them start the appropriate files but shouldn't something like this already be taken care of within the desktops? Fedora never had much issues when switching from KDE or Gnome.
    The best things in life are free.