Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I've installed Mandrake Linux 8.0 into my pc and its running fine now, except I cant get anti-alias working at all. Does anyone know how to (hopefully easily) make ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Anti-Alias How-to

Hey, I've installed Mandrake Linux 8.0 into my pc and its running fine now, except I cant get anti-alias working at all. Does anyone know how to (hopefully easily) make anti-alias work. I've already set the KDE options but theres no change, ive rebooted and every thing. Help would be very much appreciated.

Just Joined!
    Do you have the correct drivers installed for your video card? Do the drivers you have installed provide anti-aliasing support?

That'd be the first things I would check

Linux Guru
    What're you talking about? Font anti aliasing has nothing with the drivers to do. Even if it is possible to accelerate it with the right drivers, X can emulate it if necessary.
    I don't remember where to read about it, though.
    genlee: If you're reading this, didn't you post an URL to font AA pretty recently?

Linux Engineer
    If you go to www.gentoo.org there is plenty of discussions on setting up kde with AA. I think there is a bunch of links to howto's as well.

Just Joined!
    Ok, thanks, I'll try the site and post an update on how it turns out.